Revive Therapeutics Provides Update on Phase 3 Clinical Trial for Bucillamine in COVID-19
- Ethics Committee approval to proceed with Phase 3 clinical trial in Turkey
- 13 clinical sites selected to date in Turkey
Revive Therapeutics Ltd.(CNSX: RVV, OTCMKTS: RVVTF), a specialty life sciences company focused on the research and development of therapeutics for medical needs and rare disorders, is pleased to provide an update on the Company’s U.S. Food & Drug Administration (“FDA”) Phase 3 clinical trial (the “Study”) (NCT04504734) to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Bucillamine, an oral drug with anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties, in patients with mild to moderate COVID-19.
The Company, in collaboration with Delta Health, has recently received approval for the Study by the Ethics Committee of Istinye University in Turkey where the study activities are ongoing. The Company is working with MLP Care, the largest hospital group in Turkey, and Istinye University with access to 30 clinical research sites and over 6000 in-patient hospital beds.
The Company has initially selected the following 13 clinical research sites in Turkey:
- Istinye University Faculty of Medicine
- Liv Hospital Vadi İstanbul
- VM Medical Park Samsun Hospital
- Liv Hospital Samsun
- Medical Park Ankara Hospital
- VM Medical Park Maltepe Hospital
- Istinye University Research Hospital
- Medical Park Göztepe Hospital Complex
- Aydin University Research Hospital
- VM Medical Park Pendik Hospital
- Medical Park Bahçelievler Hospital
- VM Medical Park Mersin Hospital
- Medical Park Antalya Hospital Complex
Covid-19 infections in Turkey continues to grow. Turkey has recorded 12.8 million Covid-19 infections and about 90,000 deaths. The seven-day average of daily Covid-19 infections and Covid-19 deaths is approximately 98,000 and 250, respectively.
Our expansion to Turkey is important to our enrollment goals and commercialization initiatives in the U.S. and international markets.Michael Frank, CEO of the Company
The Company is not making any express or implied claims that its product has the ability to eliminate or cure COVID-19 (SARS-2 Coronavirus) at this time.
To view the original press release in its entirety click here