Cypress Hill’s B Real Unveils Latin Lingo Cannabis Strain In Florida
Dr. Greenthumb’s brand, headed by rapper B Real, has just launched a new cannabis strain in Florida. Known as “Latin Lingo,” the strain pays homage to Cypress Hill’s 1992 single of the same name. It is described as a mix of sweet fruit and old-school gas, featuring Jet Fuel Gelato and a lemon cherry cross. The launch represents B Real’s first foray into the Florida cannabis market, highlighting his roots and close ties to the state’s large Hispanic and Latino population.
The “Latin Lingo” strain is described as a fusion of sweet fruit and old school gas. “The Jet Fuel Gelato brings the creamy gas, but the lemon cherry cross in this particular pheno really shines. It reminded me of the shaved ice desserts, piragua, some Latin lingo for you right there,” B Real told Benzinga.
The name also highlights the rapper’s roots and the close ties that he and Cypress Hill share with Florida, a state known for its large Hispanic and Latino population.
The strain will be sold exclusively at Cookies Miami for the time being. B Real, however, hinted at broader plans for the future, stating, “We’ve always had big plans for Florida.”
The company has big plans for the new strain and will sell it not only at its Miami store but also at a new Orlando store opening in April. Daniel Firtel, TRP’s president, expressed his enthusiasm for the partnership, noting B Real’s legendary status in the cannabis, hip hop, and Latin culture.
According to Firtel, “This first strain is just the beginning, and the Florida medical patients can expect some great products being introduced in the near future.” With TRP’s dedication to bringing quality cannabis products to the Florida market and B Real’s passion for the industry, the partnership is sure to be a success.
Cyprus Hill Among The Most Popular Rap Groups in the 1990s And Early 2000s
Below, a brief description of each of the six Cypress Hill songs that made the Billboard Hot 100 chart:
|Song Title||Year||Billboard Hot 100 Peak|
|Insane in the Brain||1993||19|
|I Ain’t Goin’ Out Like That||1993||84|
|Throw Your Set in the Air||1995||27|
|What’s Your Number?||2000||74|
1. “Insane in the Brain” (1993): This is one of Cypress Hill’s most popular and recognizable songs, featuring a catchy hook and memorable lyrics about smoking marijuana and living a carefree lifestyle. It peaked at #19 on the Billboard Hot 100 and helped solidify Cypress Hill’s place as one of the most popular rap groups of the 1990s.
2. I Ain’t Goin’ Out Like That” (1993): This song, also from Cypress Hill’s 1993 album “Black Sunday,” is a hard-hitting track with aggressive lyrics and a heavy beat. It peaked at #84 on the Billboard Hot 100.
3. “Throw Your Set in the Air” (1995): This song is a tribute to the gang culture of Los Angeles, with lyrics about repping your set and showing pride in your neighborhood. It has a catchy hook and a driving beat, and it peaked at #27 on the Billboard Hot 100.
4. “(Rock) Superstar” (2000): This song, from Cypress Hill’s fifth album “Skull & Bones,” features a sample from the classic rock song “Jesus Christ Superstar” and combines rock and rap elements to create a unique sound. It peaked at #28 on the Billboard Hot 100.
5. “What’s Your Number?” (2000): This song features a sample from the classic disco track “Bra” by Cymande and has a funky, upbeat vibe. The lyrics are about trying to pick up a woman and asking for her phone number. It peaked at #74 on the Billboard Hot 100.
6. “Lowrider” (2001): This song is a cover of the classic funk track by War, with Cypress Hill adding their own hip-hop flavor to the mix. The song features a catchy horn riff and lyrics about riding in a lowrider car. It peaked at #70 on the Billboard Hot 100.