Liquid Meta Secures DTC Eligibility And Provides Corporate Update
- Expected to enhance liquidity of common shares by securing Depository Trust Company (“DTC”) full-service eligibility within the United States
- Continued net revenue growth from its core liquidity mining operation despite higher volatility across crypto and DeFi markets since inception (March 2021)
- Recently appointed CTO advancing the development of the MetaBridge – a proprietary platform that will enable institutional investors to securely deploy capital at scale across a variety of DeFi protocols and applications
Liquid Meta Capital Holdings Ltd. (NEO:LIQD), a decentralized finance infrastructure and technology company focused on bridging the gap between traditional and decentralized finance, today announced that its common shares have received Depository Trust Company (“DTC”) full-service eligibility within the United States, and provided an update on its business operations. All amounts are expressed in U.S. Dollars unless otherwise stated.
The DTC is a subsidiary of the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation and manages the electronic clearing and settlement of publicly traded companies. Securities that are eligible to be electronically cleared and settled through DTC are considered “DTC eligible.” DTC eligibility is expected to simplify the process of trading and enhance liquidity of the Company’s common shares in the United States.
“Receiving DTC eligibility is a significant step in Liquid Meta’s growth plans. We believe that it will provide additional exposure to a broader, international investor audience and increase trading volume and liquidity for our common shares in the United States,” noted Jonathan Wiesblatt, CEO.
The Company’s common shares will continue to trade on the NEO Exchange under the symbol “LIQD”.
We are pleased to report that under the stewardship of our new CTO and expanded engineering team, Liquid Meta continues to make progress improving our protocols, platforms and applications, which are key components of the MetaBridge, our proprietary platform that will enable institutional investors to securely deploy capital at scale, safely and efficiently across a variety of DeFi applications.Jonathan Wiesblatt, CEO
“Crypto markets displayed elevated volatility in January. However, with more normalized conditions and improvements to our automated technology, Liquid Meta generated positive net yields in February, March and April. Moreover, net yields industry wide have approached pre-January levels as transaction volumes have stabilized, Total Value Locked (TVL) has trended back to recent highs and crypto price volatility trends have moderated. We are actively proving-out the fact that capital can be deployed safely and profitably in Defi. We are focused on continuing to deploy our capital in this manner, while building out the MetaBridge, which we expect will enable more investors to access DeFi in a meaningful way, while removing many of the barriers that prevent wider adoption of this technology,” added Mr. Wiesblatt.
- Liquidity is the electricity that powers the DeFi ecosystem. Without liquidity, the service delivered by Defi platforms becomes inefficient and exhibits high slippage rates. Liquidity providers are compensated with reward tokens and a pro rata share of the transaction fees generated by decentralized exchanges and platforms.
- DeFi Transaction revenue continues to remain strong as the value proposition of DeFi expands across alternative blockchain and financial services.
- Alternative blockchains represent the greatest opportunities for liquidity provision as they are the networks with the greatest rates of new product innovation, transaction growth and offer DeFi users a competitive alternative (speed and cost) to the Ethereum Network. Ethereum’s market share based on TVL has declined from +90% of TVL in 2020 to ~55% at present.1
- Liquid Meta’s competitive advantage remains its ability to screen, select, analyze, deploy and automate its liquidity mining operations across these rapidly growing alternative networks.
- Liquid Meta’s has a multi-chain, all-weather strategy to maximize the monetization of the Company’s liquidity while minimizing risk, enabling it to collect net revenue on a consistent basis.
- The Company’s all-weather liquidity mining strategy has continued to generate consistent net revenues despite elevated volatility in the crypto market during the first calendar quarter of 2022.
- Net Yields across platforms and DAPPS we are providing liquidity to, are currently in the high double digits on average.
- As previously mentioned, one of Liquid Meta’s key priorities for 2022 is to advance and commercialize a technology stack specifically developed for institutional investors to access DeFi.
- During 2021, Liquid Meta strengthened its engineering team, and subsequently appointed Daniel Opperman as CTO to oversee the build of development protocols for the commercialization of MetaBridge.
- Under the stewardship of its new CTO, Liquid Meta is making progress on the multi-chain engine. The Company has increased its utilization of automated hedging capacity from 0% of assets to ~20% during February, March and April.
- Liquid Meta expanded its data collection and reconciliation capabilities to include several new DeFi protocols and have migrated these services onto a more robust backend infrastructure.
- The Company defined its technology roadmap, goals and KPIs for FY23 and began acquiring the required resources to expand these initiatives.
- LiquidMeta continues to add to its team of Web3.0 / DeFi software engineering, product design and implementation professionals.
To view the original press release in its entirety click here