Cybin Provides 2021 Year End Summary
Cybin Inc. (NEO: CYBN) (OTCMKTS: CLXPF), a biopharmaceutical company focused on progressing “Psychedelics to Therapeutics™” is pleased to provide a year-end summary of its major milestones and key catalysts from 2021 that it believes have positioned the Company for a transformative 2022.
2021 was an exciting year for Cybin. We expanded our organization from 5 to more than 55 employees across 4 countries and have established an operating ecosystem of nearly 50 partners and vendors that have supported more than 90 preclinical studies and numerous patent and investigational new drug filings over the past 12 months. Driven by promising and differentiating preclinical data, our innovative operational and R&D pipeline platforms expect to support 4 first-in-human clinical studies in 2022, which we hope will progress our proprietary psychedelic development candidates CYB003 and CYB004 closer toward potential approval for treating depression and addiction disorders. We believe 2022 will be a truly transformative year for Cybin.Doug Drysdale, Cybin’s Chief Executive Officer
2021 Business Highlights:
- Awarded Notice of Allowance from U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for CYB004 (deuterated psychedelic tryptamine) for the treatment of anxiety disorders;
- Confirmed Scientific Advice Meeting with UK Medical and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency for lead candidate CYB003 for the treatment of major depressive disorder and alcohol use disorder;
- Announced FDA Investigational New Drug and Institutional Review Board Approvals for a co-funded investigator-initiated Phase 2 clinical trial evaluating psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy to treat frontline clinicians experiencing COVID-related distress utilizing the EMBARK psychedelic facilitator training program;
- Awarded Grant for Psychedelic Treatment Clinic to Lenox Hill Hospital to benefit underserved communities. Lenox Hill Hospital, part of Northwell Health is the largest healthcare system in New York State;
- Announced Positive CYB003 Data demonstrating significant advantages over oral psilocybin for the treatment of mental health disorders. The Company’s deuterated psilocybin analog from its CYB003 program demonstrated a 50% reduction in variability compared to oral psilocybin, a 50% reduction in dose compared to oral psilocybin, a 50% shorter time to onset when compared to oral psilocybin and nearly double brain penetration when compared to oral psilocybin;
- Granted a Schedule I Manufacturing License from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency for the Company’s Boston-area research lab that is expected to allow the Company to expand its internal research and development capabilities;
- Received Approval from FDA for its Investigational New Drug Application to proceed with a Company-sponsored feasibility study using the Kernel Flow quantitative neuroimaging technology to measure ketamine’s psychedelic effect on cerebral cortex hemodynamics;
- Launched the EMBARK Psychedelic Facilitator Training Program in collaboration with the University of Washington in preparation for the first clinical trial of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy to address COVID-19 related distress in frontline healthcare professionals;
- Completed 74 In-Vitro and In-Vivo Evaluations of the Company’s expanding portfolio of psychedelic compounds being designed for potential therapeutic applications for several mental health conditions. To date, more than 50 novel compounds have been evaluated;
- Signed Drug Development Agreement with Catalent which employs around 15,000 people, including approximately 2,400 scientists and technicians, at more than 45 facilities;
- Retained Former FDA Psychiatry Division Director Dr. Thomas Laughren as a Clinical Advisory Board Member;
- Expanded Operations into Europe and announced the appointment of Dr. Amir Inamdar as Chief Medical Officer for its European Operations;
- Became the First Psychedelic Company to list on the NYSE American;
- Raised Nearly $70M through a bought-deal offering and overnight market financing taking the total capital raise since the company’s inception to over $120M;
- Initiated Next Phase of Company’s Digital Therapeutics Platformwhich will better enable the evaluation of patient outcomes through a highly secure, patient-centered data analytics platform for better pre- and post-psychedelic treatments;
- Commenced Scale-Up of the Company’s European Operations and Research Activities with various academic and clinical research organizations, including the transfer of its intellectual property assets to its recently formed wholly-owned Ireland subsidiary;
- Announced Alcohol Use Disorder and Anxiety Disorders as New Target Indications alongside the Company’s previously announced major depressive disorder target indications;
- Expanded patent portfolio tocover, among other things,novel psychedelic compounds, integration of delivery platforms, methods of use in psychiatric indications, drug discovery pipeline of modified and novel ergolines, tryptamines and phenethylamines;
- Entered into Exclusive Research and Development Collaboration agreement with TMS NeuroHealth Centers Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Greenbrook TMS Inc. (TSX:GTMS) (NASDAQ:GBNH), which operates 129 outpatient mental health service centers in the United States.
To read the rest of the Press Release in its entirety, click here.