Cybin CEO Doug Drysdale Shares Updates, Info for Psychedelics Investors

Cybin Inc (NEO:CYBN)(NYSE:CYBN) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on progressing “Psychedelics to Therapeutics™”. Cybin CEO Doug Drysdale joins us on The Dales Report, giving some updates on what’s happening in the industry, and what investors in psychedelics should know about risk and valuations.

Investor Superstar Cathie Wood Has Joined Ranks Of Investors In Psychedelics

In February, Woods’ ARK Genomic Revolution ETF bought shares of Atai Life Sciences, her first foray into psychedelics, bringing a new buzz to a space that has been oversaturated with lots of news and little action.

This may be the start of some new shifts, says Drysdale, and companies like Cybin are prepared to ride the wave.

“When you think about drug development, there’s a big increase in value, an exponential increase in value after phase two,” Drysdale explains. “We’ve got a whole bunch of companies this year, Cybin included, that are running Phase Two studies.”

Drysdale expects there to be a biotech “shift” in valuations as more companies start their studies. Cybin is preparing to fire an IND in the next quarter for a Phase Two study themselves.

Investors Will Find Less Risk In Psychedelics Companies Like Cybin Who Have Progressed Into Later Studies

“It’s all about risk, valuations based on risk,” says Drysdale.

“Risk decreases, as you move through phase one, phase two, phase three. Another way of saying it is the probability of approval increases. And so molecules going into phase two have roughly on average –  and probably higher than numbers in this for psychedelics, but on average – a 38% chance of approval going into phase two, a 62% chance of approval going into phase three, an 88% chance of approval coming out of phase three. So each phase decreases the risk and increases the value. You see this exponential increase in valuation, as companies moving into and through phase two.”

Tony Robbins Also An Investor In Psychedelics, Cybin Inc

In his most recent book, Life Force, Tony Robbins discusses the potential of psychedelics and psilocybin, singling out Cybin’s work and disclosing that he’s an investor in the firm.

“I have to say that when I read in the book that Tony was an early shareholder, that was news to me. So I didn’t know that, and hugely flattering,” says Drysdale.

“I mean, the book is about medical breakthroughs. It’s about stem cells, CAR T-cells, CRISPR… all these amazing technologies and, and for Tony to put us inside our work alongside that, it’s obviously hugely flattering.”

Watch the full interview above for more on what’s ahead for Cybin in 2022, plus more on what investors should be on the lookout for in the psychedelic space.


In accordance with an executed agreement between The Dales Report and Cybin, The Dales Report is engaged with the aforementioned on a 6-month contract for $7,500 per month, with the purpose of publicly disseminating information pertaining to Cybin via The Dales Report’s media assets, encompassing its website, diverse social media platforms, and YouTube channel. Compensation for The Dales Report services involves the receipt of a predefined monetary consideration, which may, on certain occasions, encompass ordinary shares in instances where monetary compensation was not obtained. In such instances where share compensation was received, The Dales Report hereby asserts the right to engage in the acquisition or disposition of such shares subsequent to the conclusion of the aforementioned contractual period, in compliance with provincial, state, and federal securities regulations. Please refer to the “Disclosures” section below, which is to be interpreted in conjunction with this disclaimer.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More